Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Simple things

It's nice to enjoy the simple things in life. Like duets on the piano, laughter of your best friend, a trail run when you're not in shape, a beautiful sunset, good conversation, watermelon with cream, and taking out the recycling. Mhmmm.
Ya know, there's still a lot I don't know about life. I don't know what I'm passionate about yet, I don't know what I think about a lot of things, but I'm getting there. And I think that's important: I'm trying to get somewhere.
I will say, though, that I am grateful for the souls that are in my life currently (either physical or in current memory). They're full of light and joy and they're an inspiration to me. People are beautiful.  All sorts. I learn so much from them and I forget that people will always make my life meaningful and productive if I take time to listen and look.
My mind and body are connected today. No kite today. What a relief.
Today I feared people would encroach on my limited time. Today I realized that it's possible to take even 15 minutes for a person and it will make the world of difference. Today I feared I wouldn't be able to keep up on a run or it would be embarrassing. Today I realized that I need to start somewhere and that it takes hard work and discipline to get where I want to go, but also that people are good and kind; sometimes it's the presence of a person that is needed more than a fast pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment