Friday, June 27, 2014

Be Here Now

I was reminded of the importance of living in the moment and being where you are when you are there. I have recently deeply hurt people because I get so worried about being other places and getting to those places while I should instead be with them. Most of that is poor planning on my part and selfishness, but I was grateful that my mother called it to my attention. I hadn't realized how much I had hurt her because of the mindsets I get in when I am at home. If I'm at home, I need to be home. If I'm at school, I need to be at school. If I plan something with a person, I need to be with them; not thinking about what I should or shouldn't be doing in that moment. Not every moment can be perfectly planned for, but time can be planned out enough that credit can be given where credit is due, and time dedicated to specific things allowing for less stress later when emergencies and beautiful spontaneity comes up. I think that's part of being honest. I feared that I wouldn't get the important things done; instead I missed out on the most important thing: Spending quality time with people that I love. To overcome that fear I need to plan more precisely and then not stress when things don't go as planned. Plan ahead to eliminate fear, but live in the moment, especially with the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment